There are over 1,000 different cherries on Earth, but there is only one Alan Cherry’s Exteriors. Since you already know all about how we become a leader among roofing companies in South Jersey, let’s talk a little bit about the image you’ll find on our logo that represents our brand and our family: the cherry.
What’s so good about cherries?
- Taste – First and foremost, cherries are delicious.
- Healthy – Just because they taste good, doesn’t mean they aren’t good for you. Cherries contain powerful antioxidants and are also rich in fiber, vitamin C, anthocyanins, and carotenoids. All of these components are thought to be cancer-preventing agents.
- Quick, easy, and filling – Even small cherries go a long way to curb cravings for junk food. Plus, pitting and eating a handful of cherries takes a few minutes tops.
How to preserve cherries:
- Freeze them – Did you buy too many cherries at the grocery store? Impossible! If you have an excess of these sugary
- Airtight jars – Resealing Mason jars are great ways to extend a cherry’s lifespan. Toss these jars in the fridge, and they will last extra long.
- Use them in a recipe – From cherry jam and pickled cherries to dried cherries and dessert fillings, cherries can be used in a variety of ways.
What to make with cherries:
- Pie – Depending on who you ask, cherry pie is America’s new favorite baked dessert. We are not knocking apple pie, which is has a lot of historical pop culture references linking it to our fine country ranging from movies to songs.
- Cookies – Thumbprint cookies are a favorite around the holidays. After a hearty meal, sit down with your family members to enjoy a few cherry filled/topped cookies with a glass of milk.
- Frozen Treats – Remember the cherries you’ve had in the freezer for the last few months that you’ve meant to eat? Now’s the time! Frozen cherries are perfect to make ice cream, smoothies, sorbets, and even water ice.
- Adult Cocktails – Cherries are frequently found atop whipped cream (i.e. sundaes and milkshakes,) but let’s not forgot how commonly they are used in beverages. There are also tons of drinks that go well with cherries including Manhattans, Old Fashioneds and Shirley Temples.
Don’t know any recipes? Hmmm…. Unfortunately, we cannot claim to be pie-cooking experts. Our expertise lies in being one of the best roofing and siding contractors in South Jersey.
But, don’t worry – There are thousands of online video tutorials at your disposal. [Yes, we are recommending that you search for any of these recipes on YouTube or Google.]